Friday 22 August 2014

This should be my approach

Far too much of the time I fail to focus on the here and now. Instead, I think about what has been and fear what is in store for me. Master is always telling me, that I need to live in the moment and to embrace the experiences that are happening now.  Of course that is easy to say. Easy too to do when the moment you are living in is a happy one, a fun one. But what about when you are dealing with the fears and anxieties of others. How then do you maintain the focus on yourself and on living in the here and now?

 
I have been looking at mindfulness as a way of managing my stresses at work, particularly given the other things that are going on in my life. This is about being conscious, about being aware in the present moment of your senses. About being able to feel your feet on the ground, your hands on the keyboard and not imagining yourself somewhere you are not. It is also about not dwelling on the past or being anxious about the future.
 
Mindfulness doesn't mean not planning or setting goals. We need to be able to do that - I certainly need to plan for when I move from my marital home, I also need to recognise the realities that will come with my father's death when it does come. But mindfulness tells us to enjoy the moments as they unfold, and if enjoy is not the right word then at least appreciate the good parts that go with the more challenging times.
 
I am going to try hard to focus on these messages. to let go of the baggage of my past and to trust the future, whatever it holds and however difficult that is to do.

6 comments:

  1. This si somethings i struggle with also. Enjoying the moment, the good in the here and now. I am getting better at it....the future will be what it will be, yes we need to plan....but we also have to realize not all is in our control.
    Relish the moments....they are the memories that will sustain you in the difficult times.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the thing, understanding what is and isn't under our control and being happy with that. xx

      Delete
  2. Love this. Definitely needed it, especially when it comes to what He wants from me.

    Be in the moment, because tomorrow is never written in stone.

    Letting go of the past is so hard. We can do this!!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for us all maybe?
      We definitely can do it...
      Enjoy your weekend too xx

      Delete
  3. Its always hard to try and focus on the present, with the future always constantly there, and the past in your mind, that shapes who you are. But living in the moment, its a way of trusting the present, like trusting your Master and hoping things will shape up. like His slut says, tomorrow is never written in stone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Searching submissive and welcome. Trusting what happens will happen is difficult, but maybe something we all need to do.

      Delete