Saturday 14 July 2012

One Lovely Blog

It has been a busy week. Sometimes when i look back on a period of 7 days i am amazed that it has only been a week. This week is a case in point since 7 days ago i was waking up in Barcelona, while we were there we packed lots in, then we flew home and the next day i went back to work. Work is busy right now. Plus there was food shopping, which i would normally do at the weekend and then washing, lots of it. 

In my absence / while i was busy many of my favourite bloggers and some i am only just acquainting myself with were awarding One Lovely Blog awards. So now it is my turn. 

The One Lovely Blog Rules of Acceptance
Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.

i have been nominated by Aisha, Jake, Fondlers Anonymous and Littleone, thank you to all of you. I am particularly pleased and honoured to be nominated since i am so new to this wonderful kinky world and my blog is only a few months old. 

I am relieved that there only needs to be seven things, i had a go recently at the 100 things list (it is unpublished) but got stuck before i got to 10. So here are 7 


  1. i am a nurse by profession, but have worked in 'management' for the last 11 years. i often think about going back to the bedside but the reality is that i don't think i will
  2. i have 2 brothers, both younger than me. i was always on one hand bossy and on the other let them get away with murder. i have always been someone who does all they can for other people and they are no exception. 
  3. My birthday is coming up, i will be 50. I am a Leo and often display those lion like tendencies. My roar is much worse than any lion kind of bite though!
  4. Hubby was my first real boyfriend. i had a couple of little flings before we got married but after a long courtship (old fashioned term i know) of 6 years we tied the knot. 
  5. It was another 7 years before my lovely son came along. i have loved being a mother and feel proud he has turned out so well. Parenting is a very important thing and something you just have to learn as you go along. i miss him being my little boy but on the other hand like to spend time with the adult he now is!
  6. i love the sea and would love to live at the seaside. i find it has a calming and settling effect on me. i love the look of it and i love the salty wind that blows through your hair. Sir lives by the sea.......
  7. i struggle with my weight. i love to eat and can think of very few things i don't like. i also like a glass of wine or 3. i don't like exercising. But here is the thing, i can eat really healthily, i can abstain from drinking and i can and do exercise. Trouble is i am inconsistent and therefore my weight yo yo's a bit. Restarting zumba this week coming...
As i am new to all of this, though as i have said before not new to blogging, i couldn't get to 15, i am still building my blog roll but this exercise has helped me find more which is great. i have started to read blogs each day so have cut down my facebook experience (thank goodness)!

The first sub/slave blog i ever read was libby's a submissive's musings which i have read so much of. i was intrigued by her lifestyle and while i am not sure i could be slave material i was drawn to the structure and rules she and others live within. 

littleone, at willing slut, apply within, was the first person to leave me a comment on my blog. i love to read her blog and to follow her ongoing journey which is really quite similar to mine.  


kitty - the submissive wife is another blog i enjoy reading and what is more i love the beautiful dress on her front page - weird but true!


Fondlers Anonymous writes so much wonderful sense, she lives her life to the full. i love to read about what she and BIKSS are getting up to and about the thoughts and feelings that go with it. There are parallels between our lives since while she is free, BIKSS is not. 


aisha is another blogger who writes regularly and has some really great stuff to say about her life and its ups and downs. 


sin at finding my submission is someone who writes about all aspects of life whether that is about submission and kink or whether it is about every day stuff. 


Jake at Leather Cuffs and Silken Bonds has a blog that is just so educational to a novice such as me. Also just realised he has also nominated me so thank you Jake


Spanky at Bright Bottom finds some wonderful photos and other links which i love to look through and which i have shared from time to time with Sir. 


Harper Eliot at It girl rag doll provides a mixture of stories, life and art. A great read.

Submission & metaphor and pain's pleasure, both of whom write beautifully and honestly. What's not to like?

9 comments:

  1. thanks Joolz,
    ps i am leo too..birthday in just over a week...not far behind age range, family and career structure. Separated at birth?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the info and the list of blogs, Joolz! And thanks as well for the recursive nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention! I'm going to add you to my link list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS!! Hey, in case you missed it, I just wanted you to know that I nominated you too... how could I not? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, i have struggled to catch up with everything i missed while i was away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and blogging means i'm spending less time on FB too. good thing you think? lol

      Delete
    2. any less time on facebook which is where everyone else is seems a good move to me!

      Delete
  6. Thankyou for the mention, its a great community here i think.

    My son has just got back (Friday) from a week in Barcelona on a school trip...geez in my days at school it was a tent in a field! lol

    Hope you had a lovely time.

    tori x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean tori, we saw a school trip just returned from Madrid when we were at the airport, rather those teachers than me!

    ReplyDelete