My week hasn't really panned out the way I expected so I am a bit late to the Liebster Award party. Thanks though to Fiona at SirQsmlb who nominated me, I really appreciate it and the kind words she said about my blog in her nomination. Blogging has proved for many of us to be our saving grace, a place to come and express ourselves in a way that is difficult even with our own loved ones. Our blogs are a place to be ourselves. That has certainly been true for me. I will write much much more about the events of this week, but for now I am grateful that I am able to use this award post to be a little more light hearted. So here goes:
The rules of this award:
Since I am really late and since my brain is not fully functioning, I am not sticking to the rules, instead I am going to give you my random facts and answer Fiona's questions but not nominate anyone else - most people seem to have already participated.
11 Random facts about me (I hope I haven't said these ones before)!
- My parents are both only children and I have one child myself (I am not an only child though)
- I left home at 18 to become a nurse. Sadly the lovely old hospital where I trained as a nurse has been knocked down. There are some very sad pictures on facebook to prove it
- My favourite nursing job was when I looked after patients with rheumatoid arthritis; I was a specialist nurse. The workload overwhelmed me in the end and when I left they replaced me with 2 people!
- My son spent a year studying in the US and this time last year he was staying with a friend and his family in LA. I am grateful that they made his time there so special (thought I would throw in a Thanksgiving reference)
- I love food much too much, and am very bad at leaving food when full - probably caused by my mum making us eat everything on our plates before we could get down from the table!
- I love to walk and be near the sea. I love that Sir lives near the sea (though there are other reasons I like to be with him)
- I find the idea of sex outside exhilarating and I haven't been disappointed
- I am not a great movie buff, I do enjoy a good film, but one of my problems is I have trouble recalling what a film was called or what happened in it quite soon afterwards!
- I love Christmas day, and still find it difficult to sleep the night before. I love the smell of turkey cooking, I love wrapping presents while listening to Christmas music; I just love it
- I love to be with people, but I really need my own space. My son is the same.
- I like playing board games, and miss the times when we used to play games when my son was younger. He was a terrible loser at times. Now they are reserved for Christmas time - another reason to love it!