Saturday 30 June 2012

Saturday thoughts

i like Saturdays. The one day of the week when i nether have to go to work today or tomorrow, don't get me wrong, i do like work, i enjoy my job very much, but i also like days when i don't work. On Saturdays i tend to get up early. I tend not to sleep late these days and actually i like to get up when the house is quiet and i like to get my laptop out and see what is going on in the webworld. Lately i like, while i am alone, to think about what has happened, might happen and blog about it here. Pain's Pleasure's blog post yesterday has inspired the words i am writing this morning.

For the last few months, since i decided to explore more about D/s i have read so much both online and off. I have been struck by just how much information is out there and just how many well thought out, well written words there are out there for people like me to find. i have also been struck by how welcoming people can be to their community when you happen to stumble across it and leave a mark or two of your own. As i have mentioned before, i don't even have friends i can talk about the state of my marriage with, let alone discuss what i like to do with the man i am illicitly having an affair with. So being offered the hand of contact and perhaps in time virtual friendship is very welcome.

I am struck by the extent to which the blog world provides an opportunity to see such a wide range of lifestyles and interests, while at the same time feeling like a community. i found this before when blogging about nursing. Through writing a nursing / work related blog, i have found that our lives while different, are often so so similar. i have found that people across the world with similar interests have many more similarities than they do differences. The same seems to go for the BDSM world. As with nursing, there are many specialities, different ways of living the lifestyle, but something brings those people together. My blog roll here is getting longer and this is now one of the first places i come to when turing on my computer. i love to see what has been happening to people, or how their wonderful vivid imaginations are working. i enjoy thinking about the lifestyles people are living and wondering if that is something i would want to consider.

Would i want to live a 24/7 lifestyle, could i do it?  Possibly, and certainly i would like the opportunity to live it much more than i am now. 

Am i slave material? Probably not, i am probably much too mouthy, far too used to being controlling over my own life. I am also not sure about domestic discipline type stuff - this is one of many things that Fondlers Anonymous has been discussing here

Do i want to be spanked more, given that Sir isn't really all that keen on inflicting pain in that way? Mind you he has got the hang of causing pretty acute pain to my nipples and breasts once he realised what it did to my ability to submit. So maybe.

So as i get on with Saturday, and i must get on with the less enjoyable part (ironing then shopping to do), before getting onto more fun things (a walk and lunch with hubby), i have to say a big thank you to the people i have met online so far, to those whose blogs are helping expand my mind and thoughts and who have welcomed me into their world.

While at times i am really struggling with my emotions, i can honestly say i am feeling much happier with life than i was 3 months ago when all this began for me. Of course alot of that is about my lovely Master, but much of it is about so much more!





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shoutout. Appreciate it.

    And I felt the same way when I first started blogging - finding all these supportive "strangers" who are turning out to be companions and hopefuly, webfriends, as I travel on...

    Write more, write often. ANd remember - what's right for you, doesn't have to fit anybody else's molds or standards.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember devouring every cool blog I found for months. I think I read submissive reflections from beginning to end--it was the first D/s blog I came across.
    And eventually I felt kind of silly for taking years to get up the courage to comment. Because there really are a lot of very nice people in Blogland.

    Now my morning routine isn't just coffee lol. I gotta get my blog browsing fix too.

    And there really is something to be said for just being able to let thoughts out here...

    ReplyDelete