Thursday 27 June 2013

Time for action

Redundancy and then time off work has been great for my general wellbeing. I feel relaxed, my batteries recharged. It has done nothing for my weight.

This morning I decided to get back to my Wii work outs with Mel B. As I stood on the balance board, a message flashed across the screen - there is a marked difference in your weight since last time, are you sure you are J! Sadly, yes this is J, she is just heavier than she has ever been in her life.

I knew I had put on weight, my clothes (the ones that still fit) are tight. I am uncomfortable and while I have more energy because I am not tired, actually I know I am fat and unfit.

I have been eating too many bad things (e.g. cheese) and drinking too much (wine mainly). Spending the amount of time alone that I currently do, doesn't help.

Hubby remarked about my weight last night during a 'discussion'. I know he didn't mean to hurt me (not about that anyway), but he did. However he was right and I do need to do something about it.

Today, I have bitten the bullet and joined the online version of slimming world. I had good results in the past, but don't feel the need (yet), for group humiliation. I believe I can get myself into shape with a revised diet and a fitness programme.

Hubby suggested Sir must like me fat. I don't suppose he does, but he tends not to comment on these things. Plus he knows I have been under lots of stress and pressure at home. I bet though, that he would like to see me in that corset again, the one that is currently much much too small to do up!

I know its Thursday and traditionally we start these things on Monday. But when you realise you weigh more than you did when you gave birth, it is time for action. That is what I am going to try to do!

Update: Sir, can you help offer up any incentives for getting thinner and fitter?

5 comments:

  1. good luck..but Joolz you did make me laugh out loud, right here in my lounge room when you conveyed the Wii's comment to you..as Miranda Hart would say..."Rude" the wii should mind its own business. lol.

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of that as part of a Miranda episode, but I can see what you mean and that made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to get there...and so darn hard to get back. I'm sorry. You are half way there, realizing that you want to do something about it and ACTUALLY STARTING. You can do it! Use the corset as something to work toward. Maybe your Sir can do something for an incentive?

    Good luck. You can do it!!!

    hugs,
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the starting has been the hardest thing, I had been avoiding getting on the scales and of course I knew why. Damage limitation will take place for the next week (got some fun social things to do) then will really concentrate - perhaps the corset can be worn by my birthday in August. I am sure Sir will be happy to offer incentives!! He reads my blog so lets see!

      Delete